Content as we all know is the king when it comes to internet marketing. Indeed, no wonder the internet is called the Information Super Highway!
As a business gunning for more visibility, strong brand relationships and client trust, producing valuable and relevant content that helps in solving your site visitor’s problems is a must.
Though may businesses have not realized this but many are already using content marketing to their advantage. In a content marketing research for 2012, the Content Marketing Institute reported that about 60% of marketers, who are already using content marketing, planned to increase their spending on content marketing over the next 12 months.
Specifically, the report states:
- 9 out of 10 organizations market with content marketing.
- On average, B2B marketers employ eight different content marketing tactics to achieve their goals.
- Marketers, on average, spend over a quarter of their marketing budget on content marketing.
This is indeed a testimonial to the importance of content for businesses on the net. Now one of the content marketing tactics employed by many of these businesses to gain online visibility is guest blogging – a strategic content marketing tactic made popular by bloggers.
It’s unfortunate however, that despite the many benefits of guest blogging, a lot of folks who desire to use it to either promote their products and services or to drive traffic through enhanced online visibility, are far from achieving their goals.
Now, various reasons account for this failure. But from personal experience, I’ve discovered that one of the reasons is the lack of truly understanding the basic principles and essentials of successful guest blogging.
This is why I’ve decided to put together a blog series on How to Drive a Horde of Endless Targeted Traffic through Guest Blogging!
I know you have read numerous “How to” articles on guest blogging however, if the ones you have read are anything like the ones I’ve read, you will agree that not many of them go into details. They barely list WHAT you need to do but never care to tell you HOW! But this one is going to be different.
Pushing Beyond the Nuts and Bolts of Guest Blogging
When I planned to do this, I simply wanted to write a detailed article touching on every area of guest blogging. But I soon discovered that a single post will not accomplish what I really had in mind. And that is why I’ve decided on doing a blog series. I know with a series I’ll be able to go into details as I wanted.
Now, you may be wondering why I’ll want to put in some effort to produce a blog series on guest blogging? Of course that’s natural but I truly want to use this as my contribution to the blogging community. Besides, I’m positive that if this succeeds we all will benefit in the following ways:
- I will be able to receive more quality guest posts to publish for you on this blog.
- Career bloggers offering guest blogging services for businesses will use this to improve their art; and
- If you have been thinking of guest blogging and had not been able to bring yourself to doing it, you will receive the confidence to launch out.
The Structure of the Guest Blogging Series
In case you’re not familiar with my blog series, I invite you to read the last one I did on WordPress Search Engine Optimization.
My blog series are always detailed as they touch every area from the WHAT to the WHY and then the HOW!
This one is not going to be an exemption. I’m very certain you will benefit greatly with it. Even if you don’t have the mind of being a guest blogger, what you will receive will help you write better blog posts.
UPDATE: I’ve linked to all the posts in this series below. Feel free to read all!
1. The Secret to Getting Hordes of Endless Free Traffic as a Guest Blogger!
2. Ignore This Essential Element and You’ll Fail Woefully as a Guest Blogger!
3. How to Guarantee a Continuous Flow of Traffic with Your Guest Posts!
4. How To Create Content That Engages and Drive Traffic As a Guest Blogger!
5. Download the complete guide, “The Wordsmith’s Guest Blogging Manifesto!”
I hope you enjoy them.
Recommended For You:
A comprehensive guide to the strategy, implementation and practice of Internet Marketing.
The benchmark guide to marketing and PR, updated with the latest social media and marketing trends, tools, and real-world examples of success... Read More >
Sure, YouTube is a neat place to watch music videos and funny clips. But for You... Read More >